15.11.11

Fall Goodies

I am just crazy about the beautiful designs produced by companies like Matilda Jane, and Persnickety Clothing.  The designers for these collections are brilliant and I love EVERYTHING they produce.  Problem is, I can't afford to dress my child in their clothes all the time, so I went to my local fabric store - in this case Hancocks - and picked out some fabrics for a couple of new dresses.  Since good knits are hard to find, and generally more expensive, I chose mostly woven prints.  There are so many companies out there now that make super adorable collections, and you can usually find these near the quilting section.  Depending on the look you are going for you can either find several prints that are coordinating, but I like to throw in a print that is totally unexpected, and isn't so matchy-matchy.  This is sometimes hard to do, because it's easier to just buy coordinates, but I think this gives the outfit that extra "wow" factor.  Here is what I came home with, and the best part was the total for all 6 pieces was less then $10.  I can't wait to start sewing!  Check back soon to see my progress, and a free pattern for my favorite pants!


No comments:

Post a Comment